THE FUTURE OF FOOTWEAR INDUSTRY
ISSUES OF CONSERVATIVE FOOTWEAR INDUSTRY
A traditional approach to leather footwear manufacturing is rather challenging and unpredictable.
• Each leather has its own geometry, flaws, scars, and variations in thickness. This accounts for mostly manual character of the work.
• Harmful and dangerous manufacturing processes: reek, dust, noise, machine injuries.
• Increasing dependence on staff skills.
• Strong human error factor in design of new products.
MORE ABOUT THE ISSUES
1. Low flexibility This means inability of conservative facilities to switch between two different products fast enough, as well as dependence on high manufacturings amounts, and full capacity requirement.
2. An increasing dependence on skill proficiency Both career development and transfer of experience are expensive and time-consuming practices. Moreover, in some regions there is a permanent lack of staff exists.
3. Various restrictions In the conservative footwear production, there are many different restrictions exist. Human limitations, coupled with an obsolete management, and old-hat technologies lead such companies reaching their limits quite fast.
4. High cost of making The higher complexity of technological operations, the more expensive human labor is. This situation the most prevailing at the developed countries.
5. Quality issues The bigger the share of manual work, the higher probability of spoilage.
6. Ecological and work safety issues The conservative manufacturing practice is fraught with a high injury risk, as well as toxicity of manufacturing processes.
7. High production infrastructure spendings The conservative footwear manufacturing facility occupies space rather inefficient. This is because low density of processing chains, enabling safety zones and amenities, as well as strict air ventilation and lighting requirements.
IMPLEMENTATION OF INDUSTRIAL ROBOTIC AUTOMATION
Based on business nuances, we form the workgroup of experts. The workgroup consists of both in-house ICOL R&D staff and third-party experts who are deeply familiar with the business domain. The team travels to the facility (production or logistics center), wherever it is, and investigates problem technological processes on the spot. At this stage, we collect data to develop the most efficient breakthrough solutions.
Thanks to the expertise of own R&D center along with the network of the technological partners, we develop the groundbreaking solutions that lead our clients to get success. The stage includes architectural design, as well as hardware and software development.
The last project stage is manufacturing and installation of the required industrial equipment, its launch, and engineering setup. The stage also includes staff training and user acceptance testing.
Of course, we also hold all the warranty liabilities.